Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

I am glad to have learned about these tools. In my work-life, we frequently write by committee. We use file sharing on our network and set the documents to show edits and comments. I prefer this method for collaborative writing when working with staff within the same network.

The tools offered by ZoHo and Google Docs are intriguing. I can see potential usefulness when creating documents by committee when the participants are spread out and on different computer networks. It saves constantly emailing documents back and forth and never being quite sure which version is the latest. However, I find I am not as comfortable using these tools as the ones I use everyday. However, this experience will help me to be more open to using them in the future.

No comments: