Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 13. Online Productivity Tools

Now were talking... I'm always seeking new productivity tools and already use several that are highlighted in this section (and have even blogged about them previously). My Yahoo has been my homepage for a very long time and I love it. Not only that, they frequently update it and add new features as technology advances. One of my favorite things, as previously mentioned, is the selecting of headlines from my favorite news sources and on-line magazines.

Also, my GroupWise calendar at work is my primary calendar. However, I use my yahoo calender to be reminded of all the Birthdays and other special events I need to remember. Several volunteer organizations that I belong to use he Yahoo Group function (and I just proposed it for a an organization whose board I was just appointed to). We can put our organizations events on this calendar and then have all of the members sent a reminder note. In addition, I can easily inappropriate the groups events to my own personal events.

As mentioned in my previous blog post, I use the Google toolbar on my desk-top. This toolbar is customizable and I can choose the tools I want to use and organize them to my own specifications.

I have been involved in groups where the members don't all have the same software. I plan on trying Google spread-sheets etc. for these organizations and see if the other members will use them.

I have used tiny URL but don't use this as often as I should. I will revisit this as well.

No comments: