Monday, March 24, 2008

Thing 8: Share your Creations

Slide Shows

Yahoo -- Zoho! Or so I thought. I was really excited about this tool. I frequently give presentations and love the idea of an easy way to share some of these Power Point presentations. I'm actually planning to repeat a presentation I gave at MLA in December and thought, gee, let's try. This could be an easy way to share my slide show with my audience.

Well, there are some significant size limitations. I tried to upload my ppp and it was too big. It took a long time to make the attempt and after erroring out two times, then I read the fine print. So alas, I have created an abbreviated one below. I was also disappointed about the limitations of the picture size that were allowed to be imported. I frequently use power point to visually demonstrate something. If it is just bullet point outlines of my speech, I don't bother with pp.

http://show.zoho.com/public/kdedson/Make%20me%20Over

P.S. The instructions for imbedding my show in my blog did not work. I couldn't figure out how to do any more than to insert the link. Sorry ;-(

As a presenter, one needs to be flexible. I doubt I would create a web version of my presentation and just use that. You never know what kind of access you will have at any given place. Not many of the places where I regularly present have Internet access.

There is potential here but at this time this resource is not recommended.


1 comment:

Arvind said...

ke : Thanks for trying out Zoho Show! And sorry about the limitations that you faced. We will soon increase the import limit per presentation as well as size of the images that can be uploaded.

About embedding the slide show in your blog, not sure whether you chose the 'Edit HTML' mode of blogger's (you'll have to switch from the default 'Compose' mode). I tried that way and here's your nice presentation embedded in my test blog.

Zoho Show has an 'Export as HTML' option. You can use this option to save presentations done in Zoho Show to your desktop and run the slide show offline when there is no internet connection.

Do mail me at aravind@zohocorp.com if you have further queries about Zoho Show or other Zoho services, I'd be glad assisting you :-)

Arvind
http://zoho.com