Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 19. Podcasts

I listen to a lot of different types of audio materials -- music, books, interviews etc. I also have several audio gadgets to make my audio portable. I find podcasts to be ubiquitous. There is so much out there that I find interesting -- political commentary, music, etc.

I have highlighted on my Blog the Minnesota Public Radio Current post casts.

Our library is experimenting with podcasts and I am interested in expanding our offerings. Currently we have podcasts of some of our Rochester Reads programs. Because we do not have an RSS feed for this page, I did not add it to my blog. However you get to them at: http://www.rochesterreads.org/RR2008pages/audio.html

I would like to have more podcasts of our various programs. We do need to work on the legal aspects of getting releases and permissions to create and post podcasts from our author visit and other lecture programs. We are moving in that direction albeit slowly.

No comments: