Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 10: Wikis

I have come to really appreciate Wikis. My first experience with a wiki is when we were in the process of evaluating and selecting a potential automated materials handling system vendor. I was skeptical at first, However, it was a great way for committee members to share their specific thoughts on the process, pros and cons of each vendor and process, and to respond to comments of other committee members. It allowed for a very organized and systematic documentation of our evaluation process. This will be my preferred method for committee participation for future projects of this type.

We also use a Wiki for our library internal StaffNet. It is so much easier now for all staff to participate in contributing content and to keep the pages up to date. (I added a note to this effect on the 23onastick Wiki. (http://23onastick.pbwiki.com/?full_access=Pc2BbORfc5&l=S) I initially forgot to initial my entry. So easy to just add it.

No comments: