Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 16. Student 2.0 Tools

I would have appreciated these tools when I was a student! I think the U of M Assignment calculator would be useful if one is a student at that school. I like how it helps the student to clarify their tasks and includes resources to help with specific steps.

I think these tools in general, and the Research Project Calculator specifically, are beneficial to students who are new to the research process and/or have difficulty managing their time and staying on track. As you can see, I am rushing to get my posts done by the 16th. Perhaps if I had friendly email reminders to work on my 23 things research and blog, I would be further along in my process!

I asked that the Research Project Calculator be added to our homework section of the teen page. I think we owe it to our students to at least share the existence of this tool. (I used the post comments portion of the23 things blog of the staff member who is responsible for maintaining the teen site.)

No comments: